Ace Hardware Recipe of the Week: Grilled Bacon Wrapped Carrots with Fire Honey Glaze
With Ace being one of America’s best places to buy a BBQ grill, especially with some of the best brands like Weber, Traeger and Big Green Egg at it’s more than 4,500 independently owned local stores, it’s also a great place to get all types of grilling ideas for all types of grills.
Ace is releasing a special Griller’s Recipe of the Week each week with a little inspiration for our grilling customers from our Ace expert Chef Jason Morse.
And now, from you, Ace invites you to send your favorite grilling recipe ideas to our Ace Grilling Recipe Desk– firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll evaluate and consider them to highlight alongside Chef Jason’s in this new weekly feature.
Without further ado, Ace’s Griller’s Recipe of the Week.
Recipe: Grilled Bacon Wrapped Carrots with Fire Honey Glaze
Submitter: Chef Jason Morse, Ace Hardware Grill Expert
“Looking for a great side dish? Or how about a tasty snack? Wait, are you looking for a vegetable dish that even a meat eater will love? Let’s get cooking and in less than 30 minutes… we’re in for a tasty treat. Happy Cooking,” says Chef Jason Morse.
Suggested Grill: Any Charcoal Grill!
Don’t Have Charcoal Grill ?
-Cook Them in the Oven at the same temp
-Cook Them on the stove top in a cast iron pan over medium high heat
-Try them on a griddle over medium high heat
-Try them in your Traeger Grill at the same temp
-Try them on your Weber gas grill at the same temp
Yield: Serves 6 People
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes (or less) depending on doneness desired
|2 lbs||Baby Carrots, With Top||Washed and peeled|
|1-1.5 Lb||Bacon, Applewood, Thick Cut|
|As needed||Salt, Kosher||or to taste|
|As needed||Pepper, Black Ground|
|As needed||Honey, Wildflower|
Carrot Par Cook Prep Directions:
▪ Trim the tops of the baby carrots down to the thickest part right above the carrot
▪ Wash and peel the baby carrots
▪ Partially cook the baby carrots in salted boiling water for 5-7 Minutes
▪ ** Go by tenderness of carrots for time
▪ Shock the carrots in ice water until fully cooled
▪ Prepare the Baby carrots as instructed above
▪ Lightly oil the carrots and season to taste with salt and pepper
▪ Take 1 piece of bacon and wrap the carrot tightly
▪ ** Tuck the bacon under itself to prevent the bacon from unraveling
▪ Heat your Weber Charcoal grill to 400 degrees, indirect cooking
▪ Once all carrots are wrapped, place onto a cookie sheet pa•
▪ Place the carrots onto the indirect side of the grill and close the lid
▪ Cook the carrots for 5 minutes, then rotate
▪ Continue to do this on all sides of the carrot until the bacon is close to being done
▪ Baste the carrots with some fire honey and adjust seasoning if needed
▪ Allow the carrots to glaze for 1-2 minutes
▪ Carefully remove the carrots
▪ Place onto a platter
▪ Serve with your favorite grilled item
▪ Happy Eating
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world with more than 5,500 locally owned and operated hardware stores in approximately 70 countries.
Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 1924, Ace has become a part of local communities around the world and known as the place with the helpful hardware folks. For more information, visit acehardware.com or newsroom.acehardware.com.