Ace Hardware Recipe of the Week: Chicken Fried Rice on the Big Green Egg
With Ace being one of America’s best places to buy a BBQ grill, especially with some of the best brands like Weber, Traeger and Big Green Egg at it’s more than 4,500 independently owned local stores, it’s also a great place to get all types of grilling ideas for all types of grills.
Ace is releasing a special Griller’s Recipe of the Week each week with a little inspiration for our grilling customers from our Ace expert Chef Jason Morse.
And also from you, Ace invites you to send your favorite grilling recipe ideas to our Ace Grilling Recipe Desk– email@example.com and we’ll evaluate and consider them to highlight alongside Chef Jason’s in this new weekly feature.
Without further ado, Ace’s Griller’s Recipe of the Week.
Recipe: Chicken Fried Rice
Submitter: Chef Jason Morse, Ace Hardware Grill Expert
“Are you ready to WOK and roll? It’s time to show you the best Chinese take-out restaurant in town, YOUR HOUSE. This recipe uses some convenience food items, but doesn’t skimp on flavor. It’s time to grab your EGGpsander, fire up the grill and WOK this Recipe,” said Chef Jason Morse.
Suggested Grill: Big Green Egg, XL
Yield: Serves 4-6 People
Prep time: 12 Minutes
Cook time: 10-12 Minutes
|4 Tbsp||Oil, Avocado|
|1 Ea||Pepper, Red Bell, Large||Julienned|
|1 Ea||Onion, Yellow, Sweet||Julienned|
|1 Cup||Sugar Snap peas||Cleaned|
|1 Cup||Carrot, Coins|
|2-3 Cups||Chicken, Rotisserie, Pre cooked|
|3 Cups||Rice, Cooked||90 second rice pouch|
|¼ Cup||Chicken Stock||low sodium|
|¼ Cup||Sweet Soy Sauce|
|Taste||Tiki Tiki Rub||5280 Culinary|
|¼ Cup||High Altitude BBQ Sauce||5280 Culinary|
|½ Cup||Green Onion||Chopped|
· Load the Big Green Egg and ignite the charcoal
Prepare the Big Green Egg for direct cooking over high heat (450°F)
· Adjust Egg temp to 450˚
· Add the EGGspander base with Ring
· Add the wok to the EGGspander ring
· Adjust top vent and bottom vent to hold temperature around 450˚
· Carefully add the oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds
· Using the bamboo stir fry spatula….
· Carefully add the Peppers, Onions and Carrots to the wokStir fry, with the lid open, for 5 minutes
· Carefully add the chicken next and stir fry for 5 minutes
Chef’s Tip – Move the ingredients around the bowl and up the side to create a shallow layer, this will help it heat up faster and keep a nice sear
· Make a well in the center of the wok
· Carefully add the Snap peas
· Cover the snap peas with the rice
· Stir fry this for 5 minutes
· Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and bbq sauce
· Quickly stir to combine and heat sauces
· Using tongs, remove the ribs and drain onto paper towel
· Using Big Green Egg Heat resistant gloves, carefully remove the wok from the eggspander ring
· Garnish with the sliced green onions and serve
· Be sure to allow the wok to cool and ensure the handles are cool to the touch before serving. Use BGE Heat resistant gloves if needed
SAFETY TIP – KEEP A SMALL EXTINGUISHER AROUND IN CASE YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES. Remember, if you have a grease fire, don’t panic, close the dome and top and bottom vents if possible, to snuff the flames. If that doesn’t work, deploy the fire extinguisher
Don’t Have A Big Green Egg:
Try the wok on your:
Weber Gas Grill
Weber Charcoal Grill
Camping Stove (outdoors)
• Big Green Egg, XL Available at participating Ace Hardware Stores
• Big Green Egg, XL EGGspander Available at participating Ace Hardware Stores
• Big Green Egg, Wok, Carbon Steel Available at participating Ace Hardware Stores
• High Altitude BBQ Sauce – 5280 Culinary Ace Sku – 8560088
• Oink Rub, 5280 Culinary Ace Sku – 8562043
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world with more than 5,500 locally owned and operated hardware stores in approximately 70 countries.
Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 1924, Ace has become a part of local communities around the world and known as the place with the helpful hardware folks. For more information, visit acehardware.com or newsroom.acehardware.com.