Ace Hardware Recipe of the Week: Big Green Egg Grilled Shrimp
Ace Hardware Recipe of the Week: Grilled Shrimp on Big Green Egg
With Ace being one of America’s best places to buy a BBQ grill, especially with some of the best brands like Weber, Traeger and Big Green Egg at it’s more than 4,500 independently owned local stores, it’s also a great place to get all types of grilling ideas for all types of grills.
Ace will release a special Griller’s Recipe of the Week each week with a little inspiration for our grilling customers from our Ace expert Chef Jason Morse.
And soon, from you, Ace invites you to send your favorite grilling recipe ideas to our Ace Grilling Recipe Desk– firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll evaluate and consider them to highlight alongside Chef Jason’s in this new weekly feature.
Without further ado, Ace’s Griller’s Recipe of the Week.
Recipe: Big Green Egg Grilled Shrimp
Submitter: Chef Jason Morse, Ace Hardware Grill Expert
“Shrimp makes me happy that’s for sure but add that bold charcoal taste from the Big Green Egg and you have an even bigger winner. Today we will show you we grill them up hot and fast and deliver some epic eats from the Egg. Happy Cooking” said Chef Jason Morse.
Suggested Grill: Big Green Egg, Large
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes cooking time
|2 Tbsp||Oil, Olive Blend|
|20 pcs||Shrimp, Jumbo U-15||Peel, Devein and rinse|
|1 tbsp||Rub-A-Dub, 5280 Culinary||Adjust to suit taste|
|taste||Fire Honey, 5280 Culinary|
|Lemon, Fresh, Wedges||Use for finishing|
|Parsley, Curly Leaf||Garnish|
● Peel, devein and rinse the shrimp, pat dry.
● Place the shrimp into a medium mixing bowl, add the oil and season to taste with the Rub-A-Dub
● Mix well with tongs or gloved hand to coat the shrimp and distribute the seasoning
● Allow to marinade, covered, in the fridge for 1-2 hours
● Load Big Green Egg With Charcoal and Ignite
● Adjust Big Green Egg to 450˚ - for more flavor, add 1-2 wood chunks for some extra smoke
● Once Big Green Egg has reached 450˚, carefully burp and open the lid.
● Add the shrimp onto the grill grate and space out, then close the dome
● Sear hot for 3-4 Minutes on each side
● Cook shrimp to an internal temperature of about 125 degrees or until shrimp are pearly or opaque in color
● During the last 2 minutes, baste shrimp with Fire Honey and allow to glaze
● Shrimp should not have any translucent parts when fully cooked
● Remove from the grill, place onto a serving platter
● Eat while hot, drizzle with more honey if desired
● Serve with wedges of lemon as a garnish
Grills / Grill Gear Used:
Big Green Egg, Large Available at participating Ace Hardware Locations
Charcoal, Big Green Egg Available at participating Ace Hardware Locations
Shopping List (Products Used):
Rub-A-Dub, 5280 Culinary Ace SKU – 8562050
Fire Honey, 5280 Culinary Ace SKU – 8017719
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world with more than 5,500 locally owned and operated hardware stores in approximately 70 countries. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 1924, Ace has become a part of local communities around the world and known as the place with the helpful hardware folks. For more information, visit acehardware.com or newsroom.acehardware.com.