Ace Hardware Honors 2017 Vendors of the Year
11 companies recognized for helping advance the company’s long-term growth strategy
Ace Hardware Corporation, the world’s largest hardware cooperative, is pleased to announce its 2017 Vendor of the Year honorees. Ace Hardware recognized 11 vendors based on their demonstrative and measurable efforts to help Ace invest in the brand, fulfill its helpful promise, enrich its merchandising assortment and support its business-to-business efforts through The Supply Place. The 2017 Vendor of the Year honorees were selected for their alignment with key pillars of 20/20 Vision, Ace Hardware’s long-term growth strategy.
“Providing legendary service, convenience and quality is who we are at Ace,” said John Sommers, Vice President of Merchandising. “Our vendor partners understand that and share our commitment to making sure our retailers have access to the best portfolio of product offerings. This year’s group of honorees went to great lengths to advance our vision of being the most helpful hardware stores on the planet with the best brands.”
The following companies received recognition for outstanding service in various product categories during a ceremony at the 2018 Ace Hardware Spring Convention in Dallas:
- Magnolia Paint/Kilz (Paint)
- Freud/Diablo (Tools/Auto/Farm)
- Duracell (Electrical)
- Charlotte Pipe (Plumbing)
- United Solutions (Hardware)
- e-cloth (Cleaning/Home/Impulse)
- The Scotts Company (Lawn & Garden)
- Big Green Egg (Outdoor Living)
During the ceremony, Ace also recognized three vendors for their work in specialty categories:
- Koopman International, a family-owned company based in the Netherlands that offers kitchen and home décor items, received the International Award for demonstrating superior support of Ace International programs with measurable impact.
- NEBO was named Ace Hardware’s Innovation Vendor of the Year for its support and growth of innovation via products and programs, including the launch of its new line of work lights.
- 3M received the Ace Foundation Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Vendor of the Year award in recognition of its donations and sponsorship of Ace Foundation and CMN events.
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2017, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Eleven Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 5,000 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 55 countries. For more information on Ace, visit acehardware.com or the company newsroom at newsroom.acehardware.com