Welcome winter with color and décor trends from Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, unveils their winter 2015-2016 color and décor trends hand-selected by Ace’s panel of Design Experts Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.), Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), and Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.), to encourage homeowners to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere throughout the winter months.
With more than 30 years of combined interior design experience, Ace’s Design Experts drew inspiration from the seasonal landscape and natural beauty of winter when creating this custom palette. The winter color trends feature warm shades of red and pink paired with cool, yet soothing, whites and grays from the Clark+Kensington® paint+primer in one collection.
“Winter is a season that naturally contains an abundance of inspiring color and décor, from the bold colors in a lit fireplace to the frosty weather outside,” said Fischer. “Our color and décor trends this season aim to bring all of the best elements of winter into your home.”
Julie, Nathan and Katie have identified the following Clark+Kensington colors as the top winter hues for homeowners:
- Create balance in a room by using color. Try a warm gray hue such as Garden Stone N-C10 on the walls with a complementary color such as Smokey Eyes N-C22, a blue-gray, on the ceiling.
- Painted woodwork looks rich and dramatic in a deep green, like Archipelago Islands 27A-4 or Blue Spruce 29A-5.
- To accent a crisp white wall in Alpine Snow NLL00, use a slightly darker trim such as White Moon 35A-1 and Winter Elegance 30A-1 for a polished look.
- When making a statement like red walls, it’s important to pick the right shade - Cayenne 07D-5 has the right amount of a burnt undertone and pairs perfectly with a subtle white trim and ceiling in Light Navajo White CW-W8.
- When working with bold walls, use complementary shades like Iced Mocha 19A-3, a warm beige, and a cool brown like Caraway N-C7 in upholstery and accent pieces.
- For a cohesive design, try using three to five shades of the same palette in varying intensities, like a range of rich, yet fresh, pinks such as Pure Pink 03D-2, Bougainvillea 04C-6 and Silk Sarong 02B-5.
- Bring a vintage tub to life by painting the outside of the tub in an unexpected warm raspberry shade, such as Calypso Beat 01D-5.
Ace’s Design Experts are encouraging homeowners to try the latest color and home décor trends this season, as winter is a popular time for holiday entertaining and enjoying time indoors. The following design tips are recommended to pair alongside the winter color trends:
- Neutral palettes are anything but boring when you incorporate a variety of textures and shades. Consider using wood, metal, and woven textures in complementary neutrals to add interest.
- Let your walls do the talking when using a bold paint color and pair with neutral, natural fabrics, furniture and pillows.
- Light, airy drapes hung on a rod from just below the ceiling line create a sophisticated, soft and feminine look in a bathroom. This will also give the illusion of higher ceilings.
- Neutral pillows in a variety of patterns and textures look chic when used casually in a breakfast area. Stick with two to three patterns in the same color family to create this look.
- Hang a vintage or one-of-a-kind mirror above a sink or behind a couch to create an unexpected visual for the room.
- Keep adjoining spaces from feeling disconnected by using similar styles and colors in both rooms, such as a foyer and entry hall.
Clark+Kensington, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at the Paint Studio at Ace. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum to provide homeowners with a selection of beautiful, livable colors.
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers’ neighborhood hardware stores.
For more information on Clark+Kensington or Ace’s Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2015, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Nine Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.